Pages

Friday, October 14, 2016

Learner Profile Reflection


I recently completed four personal learner profiles for students in my intern classroom.  I chose four seventh grade students.  I did this because my mentor teacher teachers the seventh grade math class.  I am able to interact with and observe these four students for at least one hour every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  I will also be able to later plan a differentiated lesson for this math class, taking into account the four learner profiles.

I chose two students with IEP's and two students without any plans (IEP, 504, or EST).  One of the students I chose really struggles with visual learner.  I originally asked him to fill out the survey himself, which proved to be a challenge.  I then worked with him to fill out the survey, asking him the questions and writing down his answers.  This method worked well.  The other three students quickly and easily filled out the surveys.

I was surprised by how many of them claimed to not be distracted by noise around them.  I have seen all four students in multiple classes, and I would disagree with some of those answers!  I don't know if the students are just not aware of how easily distracted they are, or if they felt like their answers would have a direct impact on class time.

I struggled with create a comprehensive look at the students. I have seen all four in classes, and I have their survey answers.  But I haven't seen them in related arts or in any social studies class.  I am curious if all of their teachers would agree with how I categorized their strengths and challenges.

I am excited to create a differentiated lesson plan and then to see how the students do with that plan! 


No comments:

Post a Comment