Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

My Goals


   My first goal this semester is to begin developing lesson plans that engage all levels of student learning abilities.  In the past, I have struggled with making differentiated lesson plans and goals.  I want to create learning goals and use methods that are challenging to all students, but also attainable by all students.     I have several assignments in classes as well as my responsibilities in my classroom that will require me to create lesson plans.  I will use these opportunities to focus on making plans that don’t use typical assessments and teaching methods.  I will also speak with the special education teacher in Swift House about specific students whom I teach, so that I can make lesson plans that are inclusive of any challenges they might face.

     My second goal focuses on my teaching style.  I feel the need/urge to always be lecturing in the classroom.  I want to grow more comfortable with being quiet, with letting students have private or small group reasoning time.       My mentor teacher is very good at this, and I will use my time under her this semester to learn how to implement this skill in preparation for student teaching next semester.  I will also focus on implementing teaching methods like gradual release and inquiry based learning into my lesson plans. I want to start student teaching in January not just knowledgable in these methods but comfortable.     I think the biggest indicator of my growth in these goals will be through both personal and outside observation of my teaching.  My hope is that when I am observed in the classroom next semester, my teaching will be engaging and differentiated and that I will not be lecturing the whole class period. 

No comments:

Post a Comment